Tony represents Fortune 50 financial services companies, retail giants, small and large specialty products companies and contractors. The principals and general counsel of these companies turn to Tony and his firm to represent their interests in employment litigation, trade secret and non competition litigation, unfair trade practice claims, department of labor investigations, and construction litigation. Sometimes, these companies choose Tony as a trusted advisor and attorney to represent the company as local counsel in Connecticut state and federal court. Tony also represents corporate shareholders and LLC members in member and shareholder litigation, including dissolution and receivership actions that typically involve breach of fiduciary duty claims. Tony's practice also involves representing individuals, including professionals and executives in employment, real estate litigation and other matters.
When acting as local counsel, Tony, an adjunct professor of law on Connecticut Civil Procedure at Quinnipiac Law School, helps lead counsel navigate the nuances of Connecticut state and federal court practice.
Tony also acts as outside general counsel to companies, providing day-to-day guidance and advice on legal issues these companies face.
Tony graduated magna cum laude from Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he received numerous awards for his academic performance. He passed the New Jersey, New York and Connecticut bar exams and then moved on to careers with large and small firms which led to his boutique litigation practice. Tony can be reached at extension 11.
Tony’s Education and Experience
- BA Philosophy, Minor Business Administration, St. Bonaventure University.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Judicial Clerkship, New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division
- Associate, Halloran & Sage, LLP and Zeldes, Needle & Cooper, P.C.
- Founding and Managing Partner, Minchella Law.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Quinnipiac Law School, Advanced Civil Procedure and Law Practice Management.
- Connecticut and New Jersey State Courts
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut, Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer, Business Litigation 2010-2017
- AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Voted a New Leader of the Law in Connecticut, by American Lawyer Media, 2004
- Voted a “Go to Law Firm” in Labor and Employment, by a survey of Corporate Counsel at America’s Leading Financial Services Companies.
- Named as a “Firm that Represents America’s Biggest Companies” by American Lawyer Media
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation
Bar Association and Community Activities
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Former Member House of Delegates and Board of Governors, Former Chair Small Firm Practice Section, Former Chair Young Lawyer's Federal Practice Section
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Tribury Chamber of Commerce, Former Director
- Franciscan Mountain Retreat, Inc., Member Board of Trustees and Legal Council Committee
- Pro Bono Counsel for Community Non Profits